Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage helps protect your family financially if you or a covered dependent dies or are seriously injured in an accident.
Veradigm provides basic accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance of two times your salary at no cost to you. For more protection, you can buy voluntary AD&D insurance coverage of up to ten times your annual salary, up to a maximum benefit of $1,000,000 – for yourself only or for yourself and your eligible dependents. You will pay for the entire cost of any voluntary AD&D coverage you elect. EOI is not required for this coverage.
Basic AD&D insurance
If you are actively working, you are automatically enrolled in AD&D coverage of 2 x your salary, rounded to the next higher $1,000, up to a maximum of $1,000,000. If you are not actively at work on your hire or eligibility date, your coverage will become effective on the day you are actively at work.
AD&D insurance coverage is based on your age and eligible earnings as of January 1 of the plan year (or as of your new hire/benefit eligibility date, if applicable). Your coverage amount will stay the same through December 31 of the plan year. Your eligible earnings include base pay and commissions paid in the preceding 12-month period.
Voluntary AD&D insurance
You also have the option of electing voluntary AD&D insurance for you and your eligible dependents. For any voluntary AD&D insurance coverage that you elect, you pay the full premium amounts.
- Benefit amount: You can choose coverage of up to 5 x your annual salary, rounded to next higher $1,000, up to $1,000,000.
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI): EOI is required for any coverage amount greater than $500,000; other situations such as elective increases or late application requires EOI to become insured for any amount. Review the Certificate of Insurance for more information.
Voluntary AD&D insurance coverage is based on your age and eligible earnings as of January 1 of the plan year (or as of your new hire/benefit eligibility date, if applicable). Your coverage and deductions will stay the same through December 31 of the plan year. Your eligible earnings include base pay and commissions paid in the preceding 12-month period.
When you cover your eligible dependents with AD&D, they are insured as follows:
- Benefit amount: 50% of your AD&D coverage amount, up to a maximum benefit of $500,000.
- Benefit amount: 10% of your AD&D coverage amount. The maximum benefit for each child is $25,000.
Your dependent is not eligible for life and AD&D coverage if:
- He/she is insured as an Veradigm associate.
- He/she is already designated as a “dependent” of another Veradigm associate.
Voluntary AD&D Rates
For voluntary AD&D rates for yourself and your family, see Voluntary AD&D rates.
AD&D insurance provides financial protection for you and your family if you die or are injured in an accident. This benefit does not take the place of life insurance as it only provides payment (full or partial payment depending on the loss) for death or qualifying dismemberment as a result of an accident. Some covered losses include:
For a complete listing of covered losses and payout percentage, please refer to the certificate of coverage located on the Veradigm intranet benefits page.
Remember to name your beneficiary!
It’s important to designate your beneficiaries when you first enroll in benefits and update your beneficiary information whenever your circumstances change. You may change your beneficiary designations at any time.
Ineligible dependents for AD&D coverage include:
- A person insured as an Veradigm associate.
- A person already designated as a “dependent” of another Veradigm associate.
To add or update your beneficiary for basic and AD&D and voluntary life, go to: VeradigmBenefitsUS.com.
Or, call the AllCare Benefit Service Center directly at 844.705.4101. You are always the beneficiary of any dependent life and/or AD&D coverage.