What’s new for 2023?
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to choose your benefits for the upcoming plan year. This year, you MUST ENROLL between Oct. 31 and Nov. 14 to make sure you get the benefits you want!
Because of plan and vendor changes for 2023, you must actively enroll to have these benefits in the upcoming year: medical, health savings account (HSA), flexible spending accounts (FSAs), critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and accident insurance. Your current elections for these benefits will not roll over.
If you don’t enroll by Nov. 14
You will have only these coverages for 2023:
- If you are currently enrolled in these benefits, your elections will roll over at 2023 rates:
- Voluntary life and AD&D coverages, including spouse/ domestic partner and child life and AD&D insurance coverages,
- Company-provided benefits (such as basic life and AD&D coverage and disability)
Our Cigna medical plans have several changes, including a new PPO option. We are also adding three Kaiser Permanente medical options for California residents. (These are in addition to the Cigna options available to all associates.) If you enroll in an Allscripts medical option for 2023, you will receive a new ID card.
Cigna medical plan changes
- The Cigna HRA Value plan will end on Dec. 31, 2022. Important: If you are currently enrolled in the Cigna HRA Value plan and choose the Cigna HRA plan for 2023, your unused HRA funds will roll over to the new plan. However, if you are currently enrolled in the Cigna HRA Value plan and enroll in the Cigna HSA plan or the Cigna PPO plan—or you do not enroll in any medical plan—you will have until June 30, 2023 (180 days), to submit claims for eligible medical expenses incurred in 2022. Any unused funds in your HRA after this date will be forfeited.
- The Cigna HRA Plus and HSA Base plans will have a few changes to plan features—as well as new plan names: Cigna HRA and Cigna HSA plans.
- We are introducing a new Cigna PPO plan as our third medical option. The PPO plan will have copays (instead of coinsurance) for network office visits (primary care and specialists), urgent care and emergency room care.
- Medical rates are increasing due to actual medical and prescription drug claims experience.
- New ID cards. Because of plan changes and active enrollment, you will receive a new medical ID card if you enroll in one of the medical options.
- Allscripts contributions. Allscripts contributions to the HRA will not change. HSA contributions will decrease this year.
- The prescription drug program will change to the Cigna National Preferred Formulary program.
- Kaiser Permanente will offer three new medical options for California residents: Kaiser HMO, Kaiser HRA and Kaiser HSA. These plans are in addition to the Cigna medical plan options.
NEW! Tobacco surcharge
If you enroll in an Allscripts medical plan and you currently use tobacco products (or have used tobacco within the last six months), you will pay a tobacco surcharge of $50 per month ($25 per paycheck) in addition to your regular medical premium.
You may be eligible to have the surcharge stopped if you enroll in and successfully complete one of our medical providers’ tobacco cessation programs:
- Cigna Tobacco Cessation program lets you talk confidentially with a health coach to create a quit plan and get nicotine replacement therapy at no additional cost to you. To learn about the Cigna tobacco cessation programs, call the number on the back of your ID Card or visit myCigna.com
- Kaiser Permanent’s Quit Smoking program offers a variety of options to help you stop smoking and kick tobacco use. Visit www.kp.org/quitsmoking for details and more information.
NEW! COVID vaccination surcharge
If you enroll in an Allscripts medical plan and you have not been vaccinated for COVID, you will pay a COVID vaccination surcharge of $10 per month ($5 per paycheck). Please refer to the “US COVID-19 Vaccination Policy” available on the Policies intranet page.
If you are vaccinated but haven’t entered your vaccination status in Oracle, please do so as soon as possible to avoid the surcharge.
If you enroll in one of the Allscripts HRA plans this year, you will receive Allscripts contributions during the year.
If you enroll in the Cigna HSA Plan or the Kaiser HSA Plan you can participate in a health saving account (HSA).
- You can contribute more in 2023. IRS maximum contribution limits are increasing to $3,850 for associate only and $7,750 for family. (These are increases of $200 and $450). These maximum limits include your contribution and Allscripts contributions combined.
- Allscripts contributions.
- If you’re age 55 or older, you can contribute an additional $1,000 in catch-up contributions each year.
The Virgin Pulse program will end on Dec. 31, 2022. Until then, you can continue to use the platform and resources.
- All eligible associates will still be able to earn Pulse Cash through Virgin Pulse through Dec. 31, 2022, so keep stepping and earning those points!
- If you enroll in an Allscripts medical plan for 2023 you will no longer need to earn the All Well credit; everyone’s premium will include the discount.
- You will continue to have access to your Virgin Pulse account for 30 days after the program ends to redeem any earned Pulse Cash.
Allscripts is committed to your physical, emotional and financial well-being and will be introducing new benefits and resources in 2023. Stay tuned!
Flexible spending accounts
For 2023, the IRS is increasing the maximum limit for contributions to the general purpose and limited purpose heath care FSAs to $3,050 (currently) $2,850.
All Care Benefits Service Center will replace WEX as our flexible spending account (FSA) administrator in 2023 for the general purpose healthcare FSA, limited purpose healthcare FSA, and dependent care FSA. These accounts will be called MyChoice™ accounts.
WEX will continue to administer our accounts through Dec. 31, 2022. If you have unused funds in your account at that time, you have until March 31, 2023, to file a claim for any 2022 eligible expenses.
Voluntary insurance plans
If you are currently enrolled in critical illness, hospital indemnity and/or accident insurance, your current elections will not roll over for 2023; you must re-enroll to continue participation.
- Aetna will replace Aflac as administrator for these voluntary insurance plans.
- Special one-time enrollment opportunity! All of these plans will be “guaranteed issue” for you and your family which means you are guaranteed acceptance with no medical questions asked when you enroll during this year’s open enrollment. Each of these plans offer enhanced benefits and better pricing.
The MetLife legal plan’s covered services will be enhanced, including adding divorce as a covered service.
Retirement Savings Plan
Starting in January, you will automatically be enrolled in the Allscripts Retirement Savings Plan at 4% of your annual salary, unless you are already enrolled at a higher amount.
Increased IRS maximum contribution limits for 2023!
- You will be able to contribute up to $22,500 in 2023 (currently $20,500).
- If you are age 50 or older, you can make additional catch-up contributions of up to $7,500 (currently $6,500).
You can change your contributions to a higher or lower amount at any time during the year.