What’s new for 2022
Most of our benefit plans will stay the same for 2022. Here’s a quick summary of changes and enhancements.Download PDF
Changes to All Well wellness program
As of Oct. 1, 2021, current associates will need to reach Level 3 to receive the All Well credit. Pulse Cash for reaching Level 4 changed to $15.
Starting Jan. 1, 2022, the All Well credit is changing from $100 per month to $125 per month.
Medical rates are increasing
Rates for all Cigna medical plans will increase an average of 3% in response to rising healthcare costs. However, the actual rate increase will depend on the coverage level you enroll in:
- Associate Only, Associate + Child(ren), and Associate + Family rates will have modest increases.
- Associate + Spouse/Domestic Partner rates will increase to be the same as Associate + Family.
The increase is based on actual higher healthcare costs and higher usage of medical benefits.
Contribute more to your HSA
If you enroll in the HSA Base Plan, you can contribute more to your Health Savings Account (HSA) for 2022, up to the IRS maximum contributions: $3,650 for Associate only, or $7,300 for Family.
If you’re age 55 or older, you can contribute an additional $1,000 in catch-up contributions each year.
Remember, it is your responsibility to ensure that your HSA contributions along with the company contributions do not exceed the IRS limits.
Dental rate changes
Cigna Dental PPO plan: Rates will increase by 3% overall for Associate Only, Associate + Child(ren) and Associate + Family coverage levels. Rates for Associate + Spouse/Domestic Partner will increase to be the same as Associate + Family.
Cigna Dental HMO plan: Rates will not change for 2022.
See 2022 Dental Rates in the Resources section.
Voluntary life insurance
Special enrollment opportunity for voluntary life insurance—this year only!
If you are not currently enrolled in voluntary life insurance, you and your eligible spouse/domestic partner will have a one-time opportunity to enroll in voluntary life insurance up to the guaranteed issue (GI) amount without having to provide evidence of insurability (EOI). If you are currently enrolled in coverage, you can increase your coverage by 1 x salary level, up to GI, without providing EOI. For enrolled spouses, you can increase coverage by one level ($25,000) up to GI.
- Guarantee issue for associates is up to $500,000.
- Guarantee issue for spouses/DPs is $100,000.
New! Aflac Accident Insurance
Aflac accident insurance helps pay for costs that arise from covered accidents. The plan provides 24-hour coverage, which means you can rest easy, knowing you’re protected. Aflac accident insurance pays cash benefits that you can use any way you see fit.
Enhanced Aflac Critical Illness Insurance
Aflac has made these improvements to its critical illness insurance:
- Additional benefits (coma, severe burns, paralysis, loss of sight/speech/hearing).
- Optional Benefits Rider (Advanced Alzheimer’s Disease, Advanced Parkinson’s Disease, Benign Brain Tumor).
- Progressive Diseases Rider (Amyotraphic Lateral Sclerosis/ALS, Multiple Sclerosis/MS).
- Specified Diseases Rider (Muscular Dystrophy, Sickle Cell Anemia, Systemic Lupus, Human Coronavirus, and more).
Make this your year to quit tobacco—for good!
If you are enrolled on a Cigna medical plan through Allscripts, you can get the help you need to finally quit tobacco – at no additional cost through Cigna’s Tobacco Cessation Lifestyle Management Program.
To take the first step, call or go online to www.myCigna.com. Or use the myCigna mobile app.
Through the program, you will:
- Create a personal quit plan with a realistic quit date.
- Work one-on-one with a wellness coach to get the support you need to kick the habit for good.
- Receive free over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapy (patch or gum).
- Have access to educational materials, interactive tools and resources.
Associates can call the Cigna24 number on the back of their ID cards (800.244.6224) or 855.246.1873 for direct access. They can also access through www.myCigna.com